Lake Tekapo is an extraordinary wedding location. Winter time will give you snow capped peaks that surround the lake and in summer the golden glow of colour mixed with the bright colours of the lupins. Situated in the heart of the Mackenzin Basin in the South Island, the lake covers an area of 83 square kilometers and is 700m above sea level. We would recommend that you travel down to Lake Tekapo the day before your wedding. The driving distance from Christchurch is approximately 3hrs. This location is weather dependent, if weather does not permit for outdoor wedding we will transfer to shelter for your ceremony.
The basic package includes everything you need for your Lake Tekapo Wedding including paperwork for back home (the below basic package can be adjusted to suit your requirements – These prices are for the couple without guests).
The below wedding package is priced for couple with no guests.
Basic Package NZ$3950
- Professional Wedding Planner
- Personal Assistant to help you before you depart for your wedding ceremony (up to 1 hour)
- Coordinator on hand to help you on your wedding day
- Wedding on the lake edge of Lake Tekapo
- Two Witnesses (required for legal weddings)
- All your legal wedding paperwork, which will be recognized in your country as a legal wedding – (Marriage Certificate and Apostille + postage). Should you live in a country that requires Authentication then there is an extra NZ$50 fee
- Assistance with lodging your Marriage Licence directly online with the New Zealand Internal Affairs Office. You will be required to pay directly online a one off fee of NZ$150. The licence will be emailed to you in approximately 3 working days
- Complimentary glass of NZ bubbly to celebrate your wedding
- Photography – up to 3 hours (includes photographers travel fee)
- Private Transport from your Lake Tekapo accommodation to your wedding ceremony
- Private Transport after your wedding ceremony to another location for photo shoot
- Private Transport after your photo shoot back to your Lake Tekapo accommodation
- Translation of your Marriage Certificate to your Country’s written language if not English NZ$90
- Hair and Makeup styling (includes travel fee for stylists) starting from NZ$350
- Bouquet and matching boutonniere starting from NZ$200
- Wedding cakes starting from NZ$120
- Videographer (includes videographers travel fee) starting from NZ$1350
- Helicopter flight and landing on remote scenic location for additional photography prices starting from NZ$1700
Perfect day for a perfect wedding. Our marriage in New Zealand was an unforgettable event and was the the best day in our life’s . Thanks to Donna who made our special day so perfect. Everything ran so smoothly and we fully enjoyed our special day without any stress. Thanks again Donna, Lisa & Josef (Austria)