Located in beautiful Queenstown, The Chapel by the Lake is an enchanting location for your New Zealand wedding ceremony. Built from giant reclaimed church beams, stone & slate, the Chapel’s authentic character harmonises perfectly with the alpine grandeur and breathtaking scenery which surrounds it. The awe-inspiring view from the Altar is like a canvas repainted every day by nature.
Imagine a romantic chapel wedding with the winter sun dappling the magnificent snow capped mountains. Wedding vows exchanged as the early spring blossoms burst into flower. A first kiss in the sultry glow of late summer, serenaded by a jazz quartet as guests sip champagne on the lawn. With such dramatic backdrops you are guaranteed the perfect wedding ceremony to say your ‘I Do’, and photos that will be your everlasting treasured memories.
Straight from the Pages of a Fairytale
Winter, Summer, Spring or Autumn… at any time of the year, The Chapel by the Lake is a magical setting for your dream New Zealand Wedding. Behold the spectacular views from the lawn as you say “I do”. Capture the breathtaking scenery and ambient atmosphere in intimate or dramatic backdrops for your wedding photos.
Venue hire encompasses up to 2.5 hours in which to conduct your Wedding Ceremony along with access to the Chapel and surrounding gardens for your wedding photography.
Weddings Monday – Thursday (Weekend weddings are available please inquire about pricing).
Basic Package NZ$5000
- Professional Wedding Planner
- Personal Assistant to help you before you depart for your wedding ceremony (up to 1 hour)
- Coordinator on hand to help you on your wedding day
- Hire of Church
- Wedding ceremony in the Chapel by the Lake
- Two Witnesses (required for legal weddings)
- All your legal wedding paperwork, which will be recognized in your country as a legal wedding – (Marriage Certificate and Apostille + postage) Should you live in a country that requires Authentication then there is an extra NZ$50 fee
- Assistance with lodging your Marriage Licence directly online with the New Zealand Internal Affairs Office. You will be required to pay directly online a one off fee of NZ$150. The licence will be emailed to you in approximately 3 working days
- Complimentary glass of NZ bubbly to celebrate your wedding
- Photography – up to 2hrs
- Private Transport from your Queenstown accommodation to the chapel
- Private Transport after your wedding ceremony and photos at the chapel to another location for some more photos
- Private Transport after your photos to your Queenstown accommodation
- Translation of your Marriage Certificate to your country’s written language if not English NZ$90
- Bouquet and boutonniere starting from NZ$200
- Hair and Makeup styling starting from NZ$350
- Videographer pricing starts from NZ$850
- Heli Flights for photo shoot – starting from NZ$1200
- Accommodation in a Luxury Cottage on the Estate – minimum of 2 nights (includes breakfasts) NZ$1400
- Accommodation at the Lodge on the Estate (includes breakfasts) NZ$550
- Chapel pedestal arrangements & Chapel pew decorations, starting from NZ450
Make an Enquiry
Fill out the form below to enquire about a Queenstown Wedding.
Dear Donna & New Zealand Dream Weddings Team</p> <p>Ben & I can not thank you enough for making our wedding perfect. Living in the States we were worried about how everything would fall into plan. You took that stress away and made everything so easy for us. Perfect is the one word that we can describe about our wedding and honeymoon in NZ. Thank you all for making our dream come true.</p> <p>Ben & Sally (USA)