Say your vows in a romantic and intimate church ceremony at the historical Onuku Church in Akaroa, approximately a one hour drive from Christchurch.
A beautiful original church on the banks of Akaroa sits amongst the hillside and harbour. Onuku Church was first opened in 1878. The front of the church is beautifully carved; making the entrance into the church more special, at the altar you will find yet again more beautiful carving.
Directly behind the church is the ‘Kaik’ Hill. A unfortified historical Maori village. Opposite the Church is the meeting house. Where the famous Treaty of Waitangi was signed at Onuku and is commemorated by a plaque.
If you are looking for the original small church then truly you do not have to look no further. This church still has the original floor, ceiling and even window catches. Please do note that this church has not changed over the hundreds of years – the people wanted to keep it as it was, which means there is no electricity.
I am so happy to be able to offer this Church. Onuku is where my Maori bloodline is from and the Onuku Church is the family church.
Due to this being such a stunning romantic area of New Zealand, I would highly recommend that you stay there the night before and the night of your wedding. We can assist with this.
This wedding package is priced for bride and groom without guests.
Basic Package NZ$5500
- Professional Wedding Planner
- Coordinator on hand to help you on your wedding day
- Hire of the Church
- Wedding Ceremony in the Church
- Two Witnesses (required for legal weddings)
- All your legal wedding paperwork will be recognized in your country as a legal wedding – (Marriage Certificate and Apostille + postage). Should you live in a country that requires Authentication then there is an extra fee of NZ$50
- Assistance with lodging your Marriage Licence directly online with New Zealand’s Internal Affairs Office. You will be required to pay directly online a one-off fee of NZ$150. Your license will be emailed to you in approximately 3 working days
- Wedding Music
- Complimentary glass of NZ bubbly to celebrate your wedding
- Photography – up to 2 hours
- Private transport from your Akaroa accommodation to the Church
- Private transport from the Church to your photo shoot locations around Akaroa
- Private transport after your accommodation to your Akaroa accommodation
- Translation of your Marriage Certificate to your country’s written language if not English NZ$100
- Bouquet and boutonniere start from NZ$380 (pricing depends on style and size)
- Hair and Makeup styling (includes stylists travel fee to Akaroa) starting from NZ$600
- Wedding cakes start from NZ$280
- Videographer (includes videographers travel fee) starting from NZ$2000
*We can recommend accommodation in Akaroa as well as places for your wedding meal
Make an Enquiry
Thank You for Wonderful Arrangements. Thank you for the wonderful arrangement for our wedding in New Zealand with such short notice. All the best to you both and your children, good luck with your business. K H Thung & Mabel Thung, Hong Kong