Say your vows surrounded by out-of-this-world lake and mountain scenery in a romantic Lake Tekapo Church of the Good Shepherd Wedding.
The Church of the Good Shepherd is an historical church and one of New Zealand’s most loved wedding venues. Surrounded by the brilliant waters of beautiful Lake Tekapo, fringed by mountains, and alight with colour when the lupins are in bloom, this beautiful wedding venue has everything your dream wedding could desire.
The beautiful stone church was built in 1934 as a memorial to the early settlers and shepherds. Captivating views through the wide altar window to primeval mountains enveloping Lake Tekapo can be seen, whilst the beautiful altar itself is made from a large block of white stone with inlaid carvings of mountain buttercups, ferns, hebes, lizard and native trees and birds. The land surrounding this delightful church has been left untouched, giving the impression of tranquility.
Please note that the Church is only available for weddings Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Due to the history and location of The Church of the Good Shepherd, the popularity of the church is great and there are coach tours stopping throughout the day. During your ceremony, tour groups will not have access to the church so please be assured that you will have your wedding ceremony in privacy.
Both legal weddings and wedding blessings can be held in this church.
The Church of the Good Shepherd is situated at Lake Tekapo, a small township in the magnificent Mackenzie Country, and is approximately 3 hours drive from Christchurch. We recommended that you travel to Lake Tekapo the day before your wedding as you will need to meet with the Minister to go through your wedding ceremony.
These prices are for the couple without guests.
Basic Package NZ$5600
- Professional Wedding Planner
- Personal Assistant to help you before you depart for the church (up to 1 hour)
- Coordinator on hand to help you on your wedding day
- Hire of the Church
- Wedding ceremony in the Church of the Good Shepherd
- Pre-meeting before the wedding with the Minister
- Two Witnesses (required for legal weddings)
- All your legal wedding paperwork, which will be recognized in your country as a legal wedding – (Marriage Certificate and Apostille + courier to your residential address). Should you live in a country that requires Authentication then there is an extra NZ$50 fee
- Assistance with lodging your Marriage Licence directly online with the New Zealand Internal Affairs Office. You will be required to pay directly a one off fee of NZ$150. The licence will be emailed to you in approximately 3 working days
- Complimentary glass of NZ bubbly to celebrate your wedding
- Photography – up to 3 hours (this includes Photographers travel fee)
- Hair & Makeup for bride at your accommodation in Lake Tekapo (this includes the stylists travel fee)
- Private Transport from you Lake Tekapo accommodation to the Church.
- Private Transport after your ceremony to another location for more photos.
- Private Transport once your photo shoot has finished back to your Lake Tekapo accommodation
- Translation of your Marriage Certificate to your country’s written language if not English NZ$90
- Bouquet and matching boutonniere starting from NZ$200
- Wedding cakes starting from NZ$120
- Organist NZ$200
- Videographer (includes videographers travel fee) starting from NZ$1350
- Helicopter flight and landing on remote scenic location for additional photography, prices starting from NZ$1750
Hi Donna, Just seated and got on the Internet. Thanks for all that you have done for me and my wife, its a unique and unforgettable memory of me in life. Say hello to all of your friends today for help and welcome to China one day. Thank you. Wu & Wei (China)